Sunday, December 5, 2010

DeNami Challenge -- Punches

The Challenge on the DeNami blog is to use punches..... easy!  I love using punches, circles, scallops, borders oh my!   When I worked at the stamp show a few months back I remembered seeing some cute ornaments that Nami had made.  So, I tried to recreate some for my tree.
I used the pretty and versatile Leafy Vine Wreath.  Stamped and Embossed with Silver Embossing Powder.  I punched it out using the purple marvy punch and folded it in half.  Then I used the yellow marvy punch to punch out the center.  I did this 8 times and used my ATG gun to hold the layers together.  On my last layer I sandwiched in some ribbon and I was done.  Very inexpensive little gift to give, or put on top of a gift.   If you would like to participate in the challenge, you just need to use a punch and a DeNami Stamp --- $25 DeNami Gift Certificate to the lucky winner!!
Stamp: Leafy Vine Wreath
Cardstock: Navy, Amethyst
Punches: Yellow and Purple Marvy Scalloped Circle Punches. 
Misc: Ribbon, Silver Pad, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool.
Side View

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love these Wendy!! Just gorgeous-gotta try this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh!!! These ornaments look AMAZING!!!!
    Very nice work! I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy! Sorry I am a bit late in commently but none the less heartfelt. I love your ornaments. The embossing really makes them shine. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy these are beautiful and a lot of love went into creating these! Thanks for sharing your talent and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your idea so much that I tried it at home. I could not get my yellow punch to punch through the folded card stock. Is there a trick? Someone once told me to sharpen the punches using tin foil.

    ReplyDelete